Campaign briefing Friday 17th August 2018
- At the beginning of the last week before polling we have achieved :
- the completion of about 90% leafletting, with distribution as to 400 by post and the rest by hand.
- extensive social media output and reach.
- Posters distributed to most Labour members in the Electoral division.
- Ray has had a full diary of events. He has met with local press and highlighted local issues.
- We have a meet the candidate canvass and leaflet hand out planned for tomorrow at the Bude triangle at 11 am.
- From and including 17th August to 22nd August, we will be doing canvassing only on the basis that all of the ward areas have been leafletted.
- The canvassing meeting point will be Fred and Pat’s home on the following occasions. (Phone for address if you don’t already have it.)
Saturday 18th August 10.30 -10.50am; 1- 2pm;
Sunday 19th August 2.00pm
Monday 20th August 5.30pm
Tuesday 21st August 12 noon
- We have support from other parts of the constituency and from other constituencies. Please let Fred/Pat/Ray know your availability for canvassing on these 4 days and nights. It would be helpful if you can commit to doing so asap as it will allow us to target and use resources (people) efficiently and effectively.
- Election Day 23 August. We need people to staff the Polling Station between 8 am and 10 pm and take numbers from voters.
Paul Bassett (Election Agent ) Bryn Love Lane PL31 2BL (07809 647842) firstname.lastname@example.org or
Ray Shemilt ( Candidate) 07434 890771 – email@example.com
Pat Richens (Campaign Committee (Bude) 01288354510 – firstname.lastname@example.org