This year’s Conference is on Saturday 21st September to Wednesday 25th September in Brighton. The Leader’s speech will take place on the Wednesday.
The CLP is entitled to one Ordinary Delegate plus one Youth Delegate and one Women’s Delegate. Only the £116 attendance fee for the Ordinary Delegate is funded by Central Labour Party. This year, the Ordinary delegate must be a woman.
- Delegates must be voted as such by the CLP.
- Delegates must have been a member of the Party for at least 6 months prior to the closing date – (i.e. must have joined the party before 28th December 2018)
- The Youth Delegate must be under 27.
If you wish to book accommodation through the Labour Party, there is an online booking form available on https://book.passkey.com/go/labbtn2019. (If you would prefer a paper form, please ask the CLP Secretary.) Prices per person range from £70 to £220+ per person per night.
NB: If the youth delegate is under 18, there must be two other attendees who are adults. The Youth Delegate, MUST NOT share a room with an adult; Shared rooms MUST be single sex. A minimum of 2 adults MUST be staying at the accommodation.
Pooled transport scheme:
If you would like to ask the Labour Party to provide you with rail tickets to and from the conference, this can be done at the cost of £95.
If you will use your own transport to and from the Conference, you will be asked to pay £48 per person towards the scheme.
Important cut-off dates:
- Closing date for nominations: Midnight Friday 28 June 2019
- Closing date for constitutional amendments: Midnight Friday 28 June 2019
- Closing date for delegate applications: Midnight Friday 28 June 2019
- Closing date for member visitor applications: Midnight Friday 2 August 2019
- Closing date for floor visitor applications: Midnight Friday 28 June 2019
- Closing date for motions: 12 noon on Thursday 12 September 2019
- Closing date for emergency motions: 12 noon on Thursday 19 September 2019 The period for submitting nominations, motions and constitutional amendments is already open.
To apply as delegate:
If you are selected as one of our 3 delegates at the meeting on Wednesday 5th June, you then need to apply online at:
You will need: Passport, driving licence, Labour Party membership card, chequebook or credit card.