Jeremy Corbyn launched Labour’s Party Democracy Review on Saturday 4 November.
“The review puts our members at the heart of our party, directly helping make important decisions about policy and how we campaign and organise.The review is wide ranging, covering everything from how we organise at a local level, to how we can improve representation of women, young, BAME, LGBT+ members, and members with disabilities, to how we make policy and the role of Labour Party Annual Conference.
As well as hearing directly from members, Labour would like CLPs and other party units able to organise discussions and submit ideas to the Review.”
The deadline for submissions on the organisational aspects of Young Labour, BAME Labour and Women’s Conference
is 12 January 2018.
Questions under consideration:
- How should Young Labour be organised nationally, regionally and locally?
- How can your local party better reflect the local community?
- How should Black, Asian and Ethnic Minority members and organisations be represented in the party?
- How should women’s organisations operate and be represented in the party
- What role should Women’s Conference have?
- How do we improve the number of women candidates and increase, and increase women’s representation and the involvement of women in the Party?
- How do we improve the number of candidates from Black, Asian and Ethnic Minority backgrounds and increase the representation and involvement of of BAME members at all levels of the Party?
If any member would like to submit a resolution on one (or more) of these to be considered at the December CLP meeting, please enter it in the box below or email it to: email@example.com by 2nd December.
Questions to consider on all the main areas of the Review can be found HERE
You can submit individual responses to the review to the website or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Given its wide ranging nature there are three deadlines for submissions on different elements of the review.
The deadline for submissions on the organisational aspects of Young Labour, BAME Labour and Women’s Conference is 12 January 2018.
The deadline for submission on all other aspects of Diversity and Participation, Your local Labour Party and Building a Mass Movement is 23 March 2018.
The deadline for submissions on Electing our Leadership, How we Make Policy and The Way We Work is 28 June 2018.
Together we can build a country for the many, not the few.