From Wadebridge branch:
This CLP calls on the Labour Party national executive to investigate the desirability of legislating to give local authorities to power to introduce a tourism tax, to help finance local services. This CLP notes that in Cornwall such a £1-a-room-per-night tax would raise at least £25 million a year.
From Launceston branch:A 2ND EU REFERENDUM
This CLP notes that:
– As of about June 2017, opinion polling has changed on Brexit and a larger proportion of people seem to see it as wrong rather than right 
– Even significant figures that pushed for leave such as Nigel Farage have expressed that there may be a need for a second referendum 
– Up to half of Britons support a second referendum, at least to decide on whether we accept or reject the deal that is reached 
– It is not unreasonable to believe that the full economic, and social, implications could not be recognised prior to the vote and thus many people may have changed their minds
– A 2nd referendum would only be democratic and had it turned out that public opinion HAD changed on Brexit and a 2nd referendum was not held it would in fact be going against the will of the people; this is particularly pertinent when it is noted that there is a natural trend that predicts remain would outnumber leave by 2020 
This CLP believes that:
– People were not properly informed Brexit, with the leave campaign misleading the public with:
– Figures such as £350m a week for the NHS (which in itself excludes the UK rebate, the money that we receive from the EU, and the benefits we receive from trade)
– Promoting that immigration was a significant cause of the issues the UK was, and is, suffering through; which the CLP believes not to be the case
– Even if a 2nd referendum results in people supporting leave once again, it will only cement support for the first vote and would therefore quell anymore potential for rebelling against Labour’s Brexit policy
This CLP therefore resolves that:
– The Labour Party SHOULD NOT oppose a 2nd referendum
– To be democratically transparent a 2nd referendum MUST be held
CHECKLIST FOR CANDIDATES
Motion for CLP: Proposed by Gill Brown, seconded by Lawrence Clarkson:
Launceston Branch proposes that the Campaign Group and the CLP Executive share this document with potential candidates asking them to address these points when standing for adoption as a Labour candidate.
Click HERE for table.